We are always looking for volunteers who can support us in Rio, giving sports and/or Portuguese and math classes. If you are interested, please take notice that you have to speak basic Portuguese, since no one speaks English or Spanish in the favela.
A second requirement is a Declaration on Good Behavior.
We are particularly keen on (sexual) undesirable behavior and will not hesitate to call in the authorities if necessary.
Drug purchases and/or use in Mangueira will not be tolerated, nor intimate relationships with residents of Mangueira.
Ensure that a travel and liability insurance is taken in order.
- We are always looking for people who want to do promotion and fundraising in and outside the Netherlands.
People around the world organize charity events to raise money for Estrela da Favela. From New York, to Rio de Janeiro, to Rotterdam. Would you also like to organize an event? Contact us!
You can also organize actions for Estrela da Favela. For example, Mark Koelen cycled from Olympia in Greece via Los Angelas to Rio de Janeiro, earning a lot of money for Estrela da Favela.
- – A group of students did a rowing competition of 100 km to raise funds
- – Two students ran a marathon
- – The Brazilians Jazz Singer Fleurine gives beneficiary concerts throughout the Netherlands
- – A Rotary club from Amsterdam organized a boat tour through the canals of Amsterdam
- – Our own events team organizes charity dinners and pub quizes
- – A company in the Netherlands dedicated their team building day on activities that support fund raisng
- – Ex volunteers organize sports classes and clinics at sports clubs and schools
- – Caipirinhabars at several events
- – Sportclubs who donate a part of tournament fees
- – Some people have donated their birthday money
There are many options. To get inspired you can read this blog about fund raising on our website, or get in touch with us to discuss the possibilities.